1.1 Standalone version
userTrack was designed to run on any server or shared hosting as long as it meets the requirements.
The installation can be started in 4 simple steps:
- Upload the script
- Create a new MySQL database for userTrack
- Run the auto installer
- Add the tracking code to your site
1.2 WordPress version
- Install the wp-usertrack.zip archive as a WordPress plugin.
- Access the userTrack plugin from the wp-admin sidebar and login using the default user: admin pass: ustdefaultadmin
- Click Run auto setup in the userTrack dashboard to auto-detect settings from the footer of the dashboard.
- Give access to view data for the current domain name to the admin user
- Recommended: Change default password for the admin user to something else by clicking on the lock icon in the users list.
- Make sure to check the Pages to track menu to set on which pages to automatically insert the tracker.js file. It's recommended that you track all non-sensitve pages for more accurate data.
Note: After installing userTrack data should be immediately tracked, if you visit the site yourself and you don't see any data it means something went wrong during installation. If you can't figure out what's wrong feel free to ask for help by sending an e-mail at support [at] tips4design.com.